Dempsey & Carroll, fine engravers since 1878, is the premier provider of luxury stationery and writing papers.
Are you a highly motivated, bright, self-starter not sure of exactly what direction you want to grow your career? Would you love an opportunity to support many departments to get exposure to a growing company that promotes from within? You will immediately jump in to support departments such as Retail Sales, Operations, and Production and work on a wide range of projects.
If you are a problem-solver with very careful attention to detail, eager to help with any and every task, able to successfully multi-task, work well under pressure, and consistently meet deadlines we are interested in meeting with you.
We expect our staff to reflect the Dempsey & Carroll mission and values and to be able to handle a full range of situations with grace and composure.
You must love working with people, our company dog, details, and the art of a handwritten note.
You must also be willing to work Saturdays as needed.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR COVER LETTER IN THE BODY/TEXT OF YOUR EMAIL IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY. NO PHONE CALLS - YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF YOU CALL.
Support all departments as required including but not limited to:
- Retail Sales
- Answering the phone
- Assisting Sales Associates with pulling samples, quote creation, and order preparation
- Filing and locating customer paper files and plates in the archives
- Store shifts including Saturday rotations
- Inventory maintenance
- Daily Facility Walk through
- Support building management tasks – including IT, alarm, contractors and tenant requests
- Quality control circulation
- Assist with open order reports
- Preparing shipments, messengers, and hand deliveries
- Other admin support as necessary
- 0-2 years experience in a support role
- BA or BS degree
- Self-starter – ability to work independently and to prioritize projects
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented and good with numbers
- Outgoing, positive, dynamic personality
- Can do attitude, patient, persistent, professional, and efficient
- A love of stationery and luxury goods is a plus!
Applicants must provide a cover letter in addition to a resume. To apply, please email email@example.com