Retail Sales/Brand Ambassador
Dempsey & Carroll, fine engravers since 1878, is the premier brand of luxury stationery and writing papers.
Do you love meeting people? Do you love writing letters? Do you love luxury products handcrafted in the United States? Do you have the natural ability to read the unstated needs of a client? Are you looking for a company that will support your ongoing training and growth? If you answered yes to these questions, please keep reading.
We are looking for a highly motivated, bright, self-starter excited to join our Retail Sales team as one of the faces of our brand in our flagship location on the Upper East Side. You must have a strong work ethic and be willing to speak fluently about our brand. You must also be comfortable closing a sale on a high value product as you will immediately be responsible for providing exceptional on-brand customer service to our clients.
We expect all staff to reflect the Dempsey & Carroll mission and values and to be able to handle a full range of situations with grace and composure.
Candidates must be willing to work on Saturdays.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR COVER LETTER IN THE BODY/TEXT OF YOUR EMAIL IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
What you’ll be doing:
- Greet and graciously serve our clients as an ambassador for our brand. Tell our brand story and be ready to offer product descriptions and suggestions.
- Handle the day-to-day store operations including open/close duties, visual merchandising with Creative Director, product and supply inventory, and maintaining a safe and cleanly environment for our clients
- Identify and suggest ways to improve workflow and procedures to better serve our clients.
- Other projects as needed.
What you need:
- Relevant experience including luxury retail sales and/or a love of luxury products.
- Self-starter – ability to work independently and continually prioritize activities
- Organized, detail oriented, and comfortable with numbers, spreadsheets, computers and POS systems
- Outgoing, resourceful, positive, dynamic personality
- A love of people, company dog, paper and luxury goods
- Bachelor degree
- Base salary depending upon experience
- Generous commission plan
- Three weeks paid time off plus public holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Transit benefits; 401K plan, offered after probationary period
- Generous discounts and product perks
- Part-time employment is also available