If you're a brand fan you probably already know at least a little about us, but here are some interesting tidbits and tips:
- We were founded in 1878 by John Dempsey, a talented engraver, and George Carroll, a savvy businessman.
- The first store and factory were located at 46 East 14th Street - that's right, we are born and bred New Yorkers -
between University Place and Broadway.
- A big part of the business was publishing books and pamphlets on social etiquette and the art of correspondence.
We've been getting social for over 140 years!
- We have a great blog! There's a ton of info about stationery, the company, etiquette and "note"worthy news stories!
- Etiquette is our business and we are here for all of your questions on invitations, response cards, thank you notes,
- Our website also has a how-to section! There's a when-to for weddings, advice on building a stationery wardrobe,
dinner party essentials, and a little bit of calling card history.
At Dempsey & Carroll we also love making friends with other brands! We have been extremely lucky to collaborate
with some great companies, and make absolutely stunning stationery. They include: